Monday, December 15, 2008

Me Times Three

The first is so logical
Often methodical
coming up with answers it can solve
to problems
Like 2+2
And what do you do
When you come to a fork?
I have a short retort

Persistence It knows, comprehends
what lies beyond bends
of existence
in the river of life
It causes worry and strife

The next lies slightly south
Affecting what comes from my mouth
Pumping blood that's my flow
Some say it's for show
But it makes me go
Like a lion
And when it starts racing
I feel like I'm flying

The grandest shame can be
Streamlined through my veins
But love it contains
Is that so?
I think that I know
It's a force to be reckoned
on debates that are beckoned
between the feelings below.

Trekking south still,
You find my power of will
He gets hard at my weakest
Cards close to my chest
I play the reels of shame
It's presence threatens my brain
If he wins his game
He has the power for pain

Leading me in opposite directions
He runs through me like an infection
And ignores the heart
Who won't let him start
For fear of losing her affection

Which one came first?
Which one is worst?
Which will quench my most powerful thirst
or lead me astray?
Won't let one guide the way
But who gives a damn if my actions become restricted?
I'm always a man fucking conflicted.

2 comments: